Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween banner

I just wanted to put a shout out to my friend Jen who always inspires me with her beautiful projects. She is always coming up with new and creative ways to make things. So thank you Jen for not only being my friend but keeping me on my toes creatively!



Last year Jen created a banner similar to this one and I just loved it so this year I wanted to make one of my own. Nothing to fancy really, I used some paper I found at my local craft store by K & Company called Spooktacular. I loved the bold colors.



I had to use my glue gun to put on my ribbon boarder. My sewing machine is not working. The picture makes it look crooked but it's not, really it's not :)


The cute little ghosts are felt cut with my new Sizzix die.



I crimped the circles to add some texture.


I LOVE the black glitter!!!!!!


I think it turned out pretty cute. I can't wait to hang it up.





3 comments:

  1. YAY!! So glad you were inspired (and had time!) to make one!! You'll be making them for every season now!! :) this is SUPER cute- love the layers! And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE black glitter too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to tell you- my machine is broken too. boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This banner looks SUPER cute hanging in your living room, I cant wait to see what you make next

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment they really make my day!