Friday, August 6, 2010

Tuesday Trigger

I was really inspired by this weeks Tuesday Trigger photo. My family is leaving for our annual trip to the Ocean in a couple of days so the timing was perfect! Go check it out, you still have time to play along. Here's the photo,



I really love sea shells so when Stampin Up ! released these sea shell stamps a couple years ago I had to have them.

All my supplies have again come from Stampin Up! I used Crumb Cake, Sage Shadow and Vanilla paper. I used my ink roller on the background card stock to look like sand. The shells are stamped with Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake paper then I used my pastels in coral and blue to give the shells dimension. I used my wave crimper on the Sage Shadow paper then brushed Sage Shadow ink on the raised paper to look like waves. I cut out a tag then distressed it with Crumb Cake ink and added a satin bow. I'd love to hear what you think.


6 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!!! I love the way you created the 'waves' and the 'sand'! That tag is a really fun addition- love how distressed it is- and the satin ribbon brings a very elegant touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your entry for the Tuesday Trigger on the Moxie Fab Blog. It's gorgeous. I started card making in October 2008 ; I am also a newbie :)
    You are creating beautiful cards; hope to see more of your work in different challenges!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous color combination. The waves are brilliant! Very nice use of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the crimping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Megan! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment they really make my day!