Wednesday, April 21, 2010

EBTKS sketch challenge #13



The girls at EBTKS had a fun challenge so here is my first ever challenge post. I'm new to this so please be patient :)





My stamp is from an old (retired) Stampin Up! set I have called "Best of Cluck". I stamped the image twice then watercolored the rooster on one image and the egg on the other. I also used crystal effects on the egg to make it shine. I used Starzon in timer brown on my "woodgrain" background stamp for the card base. I also embossed it so it feels like real wood. The base color is SU Close to Cocoa. I mounted the image on SU Chocolate Chip and then on SU Real Red papers. I then used some hemp twine and a corduroy button to finish it off. I really enjoyed making this card. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!!! You did it! And it is UBER cute!! I love the shiny egg- and it even shows in the pic! Great job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute design. I think the woodgrain is such a nice added touch, and the shiny egg is awesome. I laughed too, at the other chicken in your last post, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! I love it! Thank you so much for playing along with EbtKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love the woodgrain! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment they really make my day!